Chicken and Butternut Squash
The Perfect Low Cal High Protein Meal Idea.
I’m Always on the lookout for new ideas for meals as long and they are low in calories and high in protein. Protein is essential in meals if like me you’re looking to gain muscle and have a high target of daily protein intake.
Nutritional Information (Per Serving):
What you’ll need:
- 400g Butternut Squash
- 1 tbsp MCT
- 2 tbsp Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- A little salt and pepper for flavour.
How to cook:
- Heat the oven to 200 C/ 400 F/ Gas Mark 6.
- Peel the butternut squash and cut the flesh into 5mm (1/4 inch) slices. Cover the base of a baking tin with the squash slices, drizzle over a little oil, then scatter with thyme and season with pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts over the squash, drizzle over a little mct oil and turn so that they are well-coated with oil.
- Cook the chicken and the squash in the oven for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the chicken breasts, until the chicken is golden. The squash should be soft but not mushy.
Chicken is packed with protein and Vitamin B-6 and butternut squash has Vitamin A, C, B-6 and potassium.
Comments are closed