Sweet ‘N’ Sour Chicken with Mango Meal
High Protein, Low Cal Takeaway Alternative
Here it is the best alternative to a Chinese takeaway, with only 255 calories per serving and packed with protein. As this serves 4 it would make a great meal prep meal for throughout your working week and easy to reheat.
NUTRITIONAL INFO (Per Serving):
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp sesame oil and white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 large mango
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 chicken breast fillets cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 250g broccoli, divided into small florets
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
HOW TO COOK:
- For the sauce, combine the water, sesame oil, vinegar, soy sauce and honey.
- Slice through the mango either side of the large stone. Peel, then cut the flesh into cubes.
- Heat half the sunflower oil in a wok or large frying pan, add the chicken and quickly brown on all sides for 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a warm plate.
- Heat the remaining oil, add the onions and cook for 1-2 minutes until softened. Add the broccoli and ginger followed by the sauce and mango.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer gently for 3 minutes. Return the chicken to the wok and continue to cook for a further 2-3 minutes until thoroughly cooked Serve with brown rice.
Comments are closed